All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD? TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Our Associate Programs offer new graduates the opportunity to work in one of TD's many lines of business, and the chance to work on challenging projects and assignments, alongside experienced colleagues, and receive coaching and mentorship from business leaders and the Early Talent Experience team, to set you up for success in your career at TD.
As an Associate, you will also have access to programming, tools and a community of support for your pursuits and interests beyond the 9-5. This includes leadership talks, lunch and learns, self-development workshops, TD sponsored conferences, socials, team challenges, volunteer opportunities, career coaching and more. You will be part of a cohort along with other TD Associates from across Canada! If one of our over 20+ Associate programs is of interest to you, please read on and apply today.Job Description
You will have the opportunity to work with one of our various teams within the Technology group. From Day 1, you will be treated as an equal member of the team and given meaningful assignments to help us deliver improvements to our technology platforms. This could include platforms such as core banking, customer servicing, or customer engagement.
Job responsibilities in the Software Engineer Associate Program may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Assist in the development/maintenance of comprehensive processes for prevention of issues and participate in problem determination and timely resolution of incidents applying appropriate quality measures
- Work with business partners to define and develop detailed business requirements
- Design, develop and deploy system enhancements
- Perform Unit and System Integration testing
- Document system deployment plans for system implement and code deployment
- Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) on new technologies and document findings
- Provide recommendations with full usability analysis.
- Conduct program/ system research, analysis, detailed design and problem resolution
- Respond to business and users' enquiries on business applications
- Troubleshoot and determine root cause and resolution for application defects
- Ensure defect free programming by testing and debugging using available/appropriate tools and participate in reviewing peer coding
- Apply Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Methodology (PMLC) to complete specific development tasks for projects.
- Adhere to standard security coding practices to ensure application is free of most common coding vulnerabilities
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments and develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques that can contribute to effective solution development/delivery
- Must be graduated, or graduating between Spring 2020 and Spring 2023, in Computer science, Engineering, Computing, or equivalent
- Understanding of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Understanding of OOP concepts and SOLID Principles
- Strong coding, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate understanding of at least one programing language and relational databases
- A thirst for constantly exploring emerging technology
- Familiarity with source code management such as GIT
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Familiarity with cloud technologies
- Skills that would be an asset but not required: Practical experience/knowledge of Data Generation, Data Masking, Data sub setting, Data Archiving, Data Virtualization, Data modelling, Database Development
Assigned Line of Business Requirements
- Please note: This role will have varying start dates as applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Applications must include a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting
37.5 Start Date
- Fall, - Spring, - Summer, - Winter Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Education and Training