Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians globally an effective way to give feedback on the workplace and help shape the future of the company. Connections asks employees quick questions every day and uses that real-time information to learn from their experiences, introduce targeted content to teams around the world, and measure specific outcomes. Our goal is to strengthen Amazon's workplace culture and help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence, and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
As a Software Development Manager in Connections you will have technical ownership of the development of critical parts of the product. You'll lead a talented team of engineers to create innovative technology that changes the face of organizational management. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
You will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable, service-oriented platform for our people. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture, and project delivery. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences along with strong technical ability and excellent project management skills.
• Lead an engineering team that will build, operate and maintain software in order to meet business needs
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies
The Connections Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of an R&D Lab, and technical challenges at the scale of Amazon.
We offer opportunities for builders to build and make history!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) and/or equivalent years of experience and training
• Ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
• Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
• Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Experience building and shipping highly scalable software products
• Strong leadership, project planning and execution skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree/PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business acumen and technical vision
• Strong track record of building productive and successful software development teams and developing talent
• Proven ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Previous demonstrated project management success on high-volume
Software and Programming