Amazon's Last Mile Technology has the operational focus of providing new and different technologies to solve challenges in the last mile delivery space. We want to ensure a top-in-class customer experience from the time a customer places an order on Amazon.com to the time it lands in the customer's hands. It is in our makeup to drive true innovation in this space.
Building on that concept, the most recent accomplishment in this space is Amazon's new delivery system, Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex aims to delight customers by delivering millions of packages faster than ever before. We recently launched Prime Now, a great benefit for Prime members who can now skip a trip to the store by shopping on the Prime Now app for products like paper towels, shampoo, books, toys, and batteries with orders delivered right to their door in an hour or less. But this is not just benefiting our end customers, with Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss while earning money delivering ultra-fast Prime Now orders. You can find out more about Amazon Flex, our newest delivery innovation, at flex.amazon.com.
You will hire and develop a world-class team of engineers, with a deep understanding of agile software development methodologies, and will work closely with product owners, engineering leaders, and leadership across the company with excellent communication skills.You will work with our product management team to develop the strategy, followed by architecture and implementation of critical features into our mobile platform. You will own software in all phases of the software life-cycle from architecture and design through deployment and release.You will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with other teams to build optimized systems, and have autonomy to deliver software which impacts multiple delivery provider programs.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer-F/M/V/DBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• • 5+ years of experience, with at least 2 years managing development teams
• • Experience in organizing projects and delivering quality releases on schedule
• • Experience in building and leading development of complex software systems
• • Good judge of top software engineering talent, and ability to grow their careers
• • Ability to work well with clients and juggle competing demands
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teamsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Technical fluency; comfort discussing or diving deep on technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members.
• History of delivering consumable features with high quality.
• Comfortable presenting to an executive audience and commanding large, diverse cross-functional teams in a composed, poised and professional demeanor
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming