Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems, build innovative solutions and work with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
As a Software Development Manager (SDM) in Inventory Placement, you will work with stakeholders from all areas of Amazon's supply chain business to design and build massively scaled optimization solutions. You will be inventing complex optimization algorithms that take into account fulfillment center capabilities, costs and customer demand in order to determine how best to place inventory. To do so, you must have a strong understanding of software development, algorithmic concepts, various optimization techniques and want to solve real business problems.
SDMs are hands on, producing high-level architectural designs, building and operating services on a global scale. We have a team culture that encourages innovation and expect management and developers alike to take ownership for the product vision, project delivery and quality of work. Your team will be Agile, practice test-driven development, and continuously integrate; allowing you to deploy to production multiple times a day!
Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, owning the development process, making quality of service improvements, strategic planning, and project management. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 8+ years of relevant industry experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing software engineers
• A minimum of 5 years software development experience in Java or C++ or C#
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented development, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Deep knowledge of systems and architecturesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and operating highly scalable, high availability services
• Experience with optimization algorithms and machine learning
• Experience working in with Agile methodologies
• The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and operator. He/she should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
• He/she needs to demonstrate technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• He/she needs to be constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
Software and Programming