Job location: 120 Bremner Boulevard, 26th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J0A8
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize platforms, systems, and services. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
• Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
• Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
• Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
• Mentor and grow super star SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
Salary Range: $ 123,600 - 206,400/yr, commensurate with experienceBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years' experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software.
• 3+ years' experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
• 3+ years' experience leading teams of 5+ (Managers, SDE's, TPM's, etc)
• 1+ year in hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
• 1+ year experience with Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO, and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math or directly related field.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodations, please notify us when/if you are selected for an interview.
Software and Programming