READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG?
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is an Amazon service for our sellers that offers our Amazon fulfillment centers as a service similar to how EC2 provides infrastructure. Allowing sellers to only pay for what they use, let us create a seamless experience for sellers to leverage our world-class facilities. 71% of sellers who use FBA report more than a 20% increase in unit sales after joining FBA.
In a very real way, we are changing lives with the work we do. Our FBA employees wake up every day thinking about how to enable our sellers to be successful on our platform. Enabling seller success allows us to provide Amazon customers with unparalleled selection and pricing. FBA is a win for sellers and a win for customers.
What is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)?
The Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) team
You will provide both strategic and tactical oversight to build the features and functionality required to have a best in class offering for sellers. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) leverages Amazon's global fulfillment and customer service network for third party sellers who want to grow their business on and off Amazon.com. FBA enables customers to take advantage of Free Super Saver Shipping and Amazon Prime on third party items, while sellers can focus on selling rather than shipping. We are seeking a bright and driven leader to help drive and build on this strategic vision.
If you are excited by the opportunity to lead a high performing engineering team in the and development of highly , highly available web services and systems, this may be the right career move for you. We operate as a startup within Amazon, providing great flexibility in product and technology direction.
As a leader on the team, you will be expected to operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product. You will be a key player in driving strategic planning, project execution, development of engineering talent, and the ongoing operation and improvement of the product. This is your opportunity to make a big impact on the satisfaction of our sellers and the performance of our business.
• Lead an engineering team that will build, operate and maintain software in order to meet business needs
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals
• Interface with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements
• Own all operational metrics and support
• Help develop long-term development and business technology strategiesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of Software development experience
• 2+ years as a Development Manager managing teams of 5 engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 9+ years of experience in Software development
• 5+ years as a Development Manager managing teams of 10 engineers
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• Strong business and technical vision
• Experience in development of / systems and high-volume transaction applications
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Previous demonstrated project management success on high-volume web-based applications projects
• Deep understanding of system and OO and experience with large and online transactional systems
• International experience or knowledge of additional languages is highly desired
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems
• Experience with SQL and No SQL data stores
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming