The Alexa Shopping Replenisables Team, a team within Alexa Voice Shopping, enables customers to quickly build carts of all their household needs using voice and across device formats such as the Echo Dot, Echo Show, Fire TV, and many more. Our vision is to enable a voice shopping experience that wows customers with its simplicity and convenience to take the hard (and boring) work out of replenisables shopping.
Customers using Alexa to buy replenisables items will be delighted when the virtual assistant enable customers to re-order with one simple Alexa command and make smart recommendations to complete your shopping. Alexa can help schedule deliveries right to home, or allow the customer to pick-up the order in-store.
What you will work on: We are seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop conversational shopping experiences. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, invent, and innovate on how replenisables shopping should work. Our customers shouldn't need to think about what replenisables items they need; Amazon should just know. Using speech recognition, natural language understanding, machine learning, research science and other big data technologies, you will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way shopping is done in the area of IoT. You will get to influence the overall architecture, and build things to massively scale. Finally, you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
* 3+ years professional experience in software development
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or JavaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
* Experience in mobile development and mobile security.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Software and Programming