Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 728526
Help craft the future of how Amazonians access customer data. Customer Service technologies integrate with systems across Amazon, providing Customer Service Associates (CSAs) with the tools and data they need to solve customer problems.
Customer Service is building out innovative experiences to better meet the needs of our customer. We're transforming the CSA experience to a smarter app which directs CSAs to exactly the information they need. We're also making it easier to launch new business initiatives, making sure that any customer has Amazon's support when they need it.
Our team is building systems that can be reused regardless of the channel that a customer interacts with CS. As a Software Development Engineer in this team, you will be responsible for the design, engineering, testing, release, and support of your products. You will own the full stack including UI, services and algorithms associated with these areas. Be a part of the team that transforms the CSA experience and delights our customers!
Our team is deeply invested in the personal growth of our developers through collaborative peer interactions and regular discussions with management on career development. You will grow, and you will have the independent ability to make a difference in this space for the thousands of representatives who use our tool and the millions of customers they support.
Basic Qualifications - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in at least one object-oriented programming language, such as Java or C++
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
Preferred Qualifications - Fluency in Java and core Java classes
- Deep experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly-available systems
- Analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience
- Eagerness to deeply understand the goals and challenges of customer service operations
- Experience with web services and Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) a plus
- Linux experience a plus
- Agile experience a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Posted: October 20, 2018
Closes: December 19, 2018