Do you love big and audacious goals? Do you love to build technology? Do you want to work in a team with other resourceful and talented builders who share your passion?
At Amazon, we have the audacious goal of being Earth's Most Customer Centric Company. That means we need to solve every customer's problems safely, and to preserve every customer's trust.
Our Toronto based Customer Service Technology team is building new technology that helps the best Customer Service Associates in the world to solve customer problems with more safety and trust than ever before. We want talented and resourceful builders like you to join us.
As a Software Development Engineer on this team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, quality, and operations of your tools. Your team will own the client, services, algorithms, platform and architecture and you will work with teams across the organization to ensure measurable improvements in quality, productivity, safety and trust of Amazon's Customer Service interactions.
Our team will be deeply invested in your personal growth. Your peers and managers will be committed to your development, because what we build ultimately depends on our people. You will grow, and you will be part of a team that is expected to make a difference for the millions of customers we serve.
Basic Qualifications - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent with formal training in computer science basics such as data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, order analysis.
- OO Design and coding skills.
- 3+ years of experience in C++ and/or Java
Preferred Qualifications - Fluency in Java and core Java classes
- Deep experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery
- Communication skills for both a technical and business audience
- Eagerness to deeply understand the goals and challenges of customer service operations
- Linux experience a plus
- Lean software development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum experience are a plus
Posted: October 13, 2018
Closes: December 12, 2018