Amazon's Sponsored Products advertising business is one of the fastest growing areas in the company. Have you ever wondered what happens behind that "Sponsored" label you see in search results on Amazon? Hint: it involves a lot of interesting tech delivered by our team.
The Sponsored Products Marketplace team optimizes the systems and ad placements to match demand with supply using a combination of data-driven product innovation, machine learning, big data analytics, and low latency/high-volume engineering. By the time organic search results are ready, we've processed all of the potential ads and determined which ones are going to be shown. We do that billions of times per day, and that results in millions of engagements with relevant products that might otherwise not have been seen by shoppers.
The business and technical challenges are significant. Fortunately, we have a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, and a seemingly endless range of new opportunities to build a big, sustainable business that helps Amazon continuously delight our customers.
We're looking for curious and customer-obsessed software engineers who can help us take our products to the next level. We embrace leaders with a startup mentality - those who seek a disruptive yet clear mission and purpose, have an unambiguous owner's mindset, and are relentlessly obsessed with delivering amazing products.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for delivering innovative, machine-learning systems that provide recommendations to advertisers to help improve their ad campaigns and get better results. Make decisions, experiment and iterate on solutions to questions like: how do we find the best matching sponsored products in real-time when a customer searches for products? How do we build systems that continually improve those results based on past performance? How do we discover and present recommendations to advertisers to help them match their products to the most relevant searches?
You'll own significant products and features from design through launch, and will work with product managers, scientists and other engineers to make your efforts successful. If this sounds like your sort of challenge, come and join our team.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
#sspajobs #spmpjobsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Proficiency in fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Proficiency in fundamentals in data structures, models, queries, and analysis
• Proficiency in fundamentals in algorithm design, data modeling, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in common software testing strategies such as unit, integration, load, performance, and A/B testing
• Proficiency in software design documentation (clear writing and diagramming)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years professional experience in large-scale, data-intensive backend software engineering
• Experience with AWS and data-oriented tools such as ElasticSearch, Spark, ElastiCache, and DyanmoDB
• Experience with statistical modeling, data science and machine learning
• Experience with recommender systems
• Experience in online advertising domain (particularly, ad targeting and serving)
Software and Programming