The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices such as: Echo and Alexa Devices, Fire TV, Amazon Cloud Cam, Amazon Dash and Fire Tablets.
What will you help us create?
We're building paradigm-shifting technologies to enable Amazon to create, build, and launch innovative devices in record-breaking time. As part of our team, you'll design and build software solutions that will transform the next big idea into the products our customers know and love, at Amazon scale!
We are looking for a talented, passionate, startup-minded Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high-volume applications. You will have a tremendous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of transformative technologies that revolutionize how Amazon builds and launches new devices.
In this role, you will:
• Own system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development.
• Learn to develop globalized web services, at scale.
• Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions.
• Work with diverse teams throughout Amazon to deliver mission-critical systems.
• Improve the end-to-end launch experience for all Amazon products.
• Build the future and have fun doing it!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Software and Programming