Address of employer: 410 Adelaide West, Suite 400, Toronto, ON M5V 1S8, Canada
*May also be required to work at our other GTA (Greater Toronto area) locations (Mississauga and Adelaide)
Have you ever ordered a product from Amazon and been amazed at how fast you receive it? Every day, Amazon engineers are relentlessly working to decrease the time between clicking and delivery for our customers. The Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) organization owns all of the software and infrastructure that powers Amazon's world-class fulfillment centers, including the fundamental data and services that drive our catalog and inventory systems. These systems underlie everything we do - tens of millions of items in the catalog, hundreds of millions of items of inventory, and billions of transactions each year! We are seeking innovative, intellectually curious, results-oriented software engineers in our AFT Labor Planning and Scheduling Team. LP&S is aimed at continually improving the way in which we staff our FCs. To meet that challenge, we develop complex systems to analyze our data and predict specific FC workforce needs annually, weekly, daily, and even hourly. If you're ready for your next challenge and want to be part of a forward-thinking and cutting-edge development team, then we want to speak with you!
Salary Range: $90,000 to $150,000/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
•Paid Time Off
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or a related field
• Five years of experience in the job offered or related occupation. Employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or a related technical field plus five years of experience.
• Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
• Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g., XML, web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
• Familiarity with SQL.
• Experience with data analysis/mining using large relational databases (tables >= 10^9 rows) a plus.
• Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies. • A background with mathematical modeling or optimization a plus.
Preferred Qualifications • All applicants must meet the qualifications above
Posted: October 18, 2018
Closes: December 17, 2018