DESCRIPTION Do you want to own cutting edge technology, solve new problems that didn't exist before, and have the ability to see the impact of your successes?
Amazon is growing, and we need SDEs/SDETs who move fast, are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems, and have a strong will to get things done. SDEs/SDETs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world.
At Amazon an SDE/SDET can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Coming to Amazon gives you the opportunity to work on a small development team in one of our many organizations; Amazon Web Services, ecommerce Services, Kindle, Marketplace, Operations, Platform Technologies and Retail.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Must be currently enrolled in school or graduated within the last 12 months
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Strong, design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
• Experience with (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Previous technical internship(s) preferred
• Graduate degree a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming