Do you obsess about building products and services that delights your Customers? Are you excited about building large complex systems and applications which are highly innovative, capable, flexible, and scalable to deliver long term values? Do you want to develop cutting AI and Machine learning technologies to proactively detect and solve customer issues? We are seeking Software Engineers deeply committed to ensuring that our CSA's and Team Managers (TM's) worldwide will have the high volume and high availability systems needed to deliver customer service to exceed customer expectations with every customer contact. The Frontline Transformation Program will assess the full ecosystem surrounding the roles and responsibilities of our frontline leaders to determine the mechanisms necessary to build and maintain sustainable processes, tools, and expectations to embed this quality and coaching-first culture.
The team is currently seeking a Software Development Engineer. As a member of this team, you will be working on Web applications and the backend services that help solve customer problems. Members of this team have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages and tools. They work with an unwavering focus on simplicity and performance. As a Software Development Engineer, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Be responsible for sub-system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Work side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on challenging problems
- Be highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- Take great pride to innovate on new products that are used by millions of users
- Understand what's important when releasing software to end users and have been through the process from start to finish
- Be comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challengeBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years' industry experience as a software development engineer.
• Possess OO design/development skills and have a proven track record for driving projects from conception, to prototype and finally implementation.
• Eager to learn and learn fast, enjoy a fast paced environment.
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player.
• Strong software design and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience communicating with both technical and business audiences.
• Background in computer science basics (data structures, sorting/searching algorithms, order analysis).
• Experience with designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly available systems.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Hands-on expertise with Machine Learning and/or Message Bots
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Software and Programming