Name of employer: Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services, Inc.
Address of Employer: 120 Bremner Boulevard, 26th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 0A8
• You will design, implement, and deploy large-scale systems and services in support of our fulfillment operations and the businesses they support.
• You will participate in the definition of secure, scalable, and low-latency services and efficient physical processes.
• You understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
• You will functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• You have the enthusiasm to share your knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering excellence.
Salary Range: $95,000 to $122,000/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
•Paid Time Off
Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
• Expertise in Java, C++, or a similar modern programming language
• Solid expertise in data structures and algorithms
• Experience with relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle and DynamoDB
• Obsession with quality, operational excellence, and customer experience
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
• Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable; highly available systems
Preferred Qualifications • Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (Java preferably on a *nix platform)
• Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Expertise in service oriented architecture
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Graduate degree
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: October 22, 2018