Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. Amazon's transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing world class customer experience from checkout to shipment tracking to delivery. Our software systems include services that handle thousands or requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience for millions of online shoppers. We have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide. We leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, optimization techniques, machine learning, real time analytics and high volume, low latency, high availability services.
As Software Development Engineer (SDE), you will develop a deep understanding of our business, work closely with development teams and own the architecture, development and operations of software components and services.
Senior Engineers provide technical leadership at Amazon. They help establish technical standards and drive Amazon's overall technical architecture, engineering practices, and methodologies. They work on our hard problems, building high quality, architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our business needs. They think globally when building systems, ensuring Amazon builds high performing, scalable systems that work well together. Senior engineers are pragmatic visionaries who can translate business needs into workable technology solutions. Their expertise is deep and broad. They are hands on, producing high-level architectural designs, and building and operating systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/MS in Computer Science or in a related field
• 7+ years of experience developing commercial software or services in Java, C++ or similar languages
• Strong CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
• Deep knowledge of distributed systems, and asynchronous architectures.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and operating highly scalable, high availability services
• Experience in real-time analytical systems and machine learning
• The ideal candidate will be a visionary leader, builder and operator. He/she should have experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives. He/she needs to balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices. He/she needs to be constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
Software and Programming