Amazon FreeTime Unlimited brings together all types of content that kids and parents love, including books, Audible books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games, plus a child-friendly Alexa experience. It provides peace of mind for parents with award-winning parental controls and monitoring through Parent Dashboard, and a world of fun for kids where they can choose from thousands of the most popular titles and age-appropriate content, all hand-selected by the FreeTime team. FreeTime is available on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Kindle e-readers, compatible Android and iOS mobile devices, and compatible Alexa devices. Here's more information: http://www.amazon.com/freetime.
Do you want to create and deliver innovate consumer software products for millions of customers around the world? We are growing and looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join the Amazon FreeTime team. You will be responsible for owning and driving large-scale customer-facing features from inception to delivery and beyond. You will have an opportunity to design, architect and build innovative consumer products used every day.
Our goal is to create a revolutionary experience for parents and kids to enjoy on our Amazon family of devices, as well as Android and iOS devices. Working for Amazon FreeTime offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation. Come help build the future of Amazon devices and services!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C++, or C#
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the complete software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and deployment
• Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Master's degree
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Software and Programming