Challenge yourself, and help build Amazon Last Mile Technology software that plans, schedules, and executes on the speedy one-hour delivery promise.
This is an opportunity to leverage your technical knowledge to architect, design, and build full-stack solutions which range from web services to web applications to backend systems which support Amazon's logistics business. While creating this software, you'll be able to learn about and leverage Amazon's internal systems and tools to facilitate efficient development. Due to Amazon Flex's popularity, our ability to engage with, support and provide a world-class experience to both customers continues to be a top priority.
As an engineer on our team, you will own software in all phases of the software lifecycle from architecture and design through deployment and release. You will help create scalable, global systems which allow delivery partners to easily onboard and manage their accounts. You will also build applications to manage automated recruiting and onboarding funnels to meet capacity needs. You will learn about Amazon's logistics network, interact with other teams to build optimized systems, and have autonomy to deliver software that impacts multiple delivery provider programs.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Deals well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Software and Programming