Strong Leaders Wanted! If you have Management/Supervisor experience in the Diesel Mechanic field, then we want to talk to you about our immediate opportunities. Now is the time to take your career to the next level as a Diesel Shop Manager!
At First Student, our technicians and shop managers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have experience in heavy equipment repair. We are currently looking for a Diesel Shop Manager
at our Markham, ON
location. Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
We care as much about you as our students' safety. That's why we are Proud & Excited to offer the following:
Diesel Shop Manager Major Job Duties Include:
- Competitive pay
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Training which is on the cutting edge of transportation with technology
Diesel Shop Manager Requirements:
- Schedule and supervise all shop activities to ensure maximum productivity through VMS computer program
- Makes recommendations and obtain quotations for facility upgrades for the annual capital budgeting process. Participates in setting shop budget and conducts monthly reviews with Location Manager to ensure goals are being met and discuss variances to plan.
- Ensure branch fleet is maintained to government and company requirements
- Maintain company facilities in a clean, safe and environmentally sound manner
- Oversee the performance of Brake, Safety and PM inspections
- Monthly reporting to the Regional Maintenance Manager
- Participate in company provided educational programs to ensure compliance with all aspects of health, safety and environmental regulations
Working conditions: Now is the time to enhance your career...not just pursue another job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous opportunity! Apply online today to become a part of our team!
- Grade 12 Education
- S&T Licenses Preferred
- Hands-on diesel experience
- At least 3 years supervisory or fleet management experience preferred
- Knowledge of VMS or similar fleet maintenance system
- Must have strong communication, organizational skills and management skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Union experience considered an asset
- Internation and Cummins experience considered an asset
- Subject to a background check and drug test
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.
Posted: February 12, 2018
Closes:April 13, 2018