PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for setting the pace of production in the FC based on business needs and orders for the day. Performs work under the direction of FC supervisor or manager.PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Scanning all the orders in the system and closing the day
• Ensure that all the invoices and shipping manifest are printed properly
• Sort the invoices and shipping manifest by delivery hub
• Work with the return department to re-ship boxes
• Do research to find the back-order items. Including driving the order picker to look for items that might be in the overstock, not scanned in
• Remove from an order a missing item that we are not able to ship that night to make sure that the customer won't be charged for it
• Communicate any research information regarding the back-order item to the inbound supervisor
• Enter detailed notes in the system for specific orders when needed
• Look over the quality control department to make sure they are not missing any supplies and if so, ask the right person to bring the missing supplies
• Computer Literate and follow up with IT to address any Issues
• Accurately Complete MOSD and Scratch Tickets for Staples.
• Assists in Training and Re- Training new Associates with on - Boarding.
• Complete with Accuracy the End of Day processes.
• Customer Service Issues - Re-Picking damaged Cartons.
• Thorough understanding of Sunrise / Sunbeam Systems.PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving a conveyor. Following all proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards.
• Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 50 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using RF scanners to enter information.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in a FC environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee may operate FC equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This is a safety-sensitive position. KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Proficiency in FC operations and WMS
• Math skills
• Good judgment
• Problem-solving skills
• Limited data entry skills
• Ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and make recommendations
• Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to read and follow directions
• Must be a team player
• Ability to operate FC equipment if required RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum twelve (12) months related experience in a FC environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience.
• Ability to become certified in the operation of FC equipment. Prior experience operating FC equipment, such as forklift and pallet jack helpful.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Good math, writing and reading skills required
Sunday - Thursday 1:30PM start
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Transportation and Warehousing