120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
The Incident/Problem Specialist is a technical subject matter expert that works within the Service Delivery team to support IT services delivered to users within an organisation, enabling the required business processes needed for the business to be successful. As such, the Technical Support Specialists II are dealing with people both on a business level and IT level of understanding; they act as the technical point of contact to fix application and systems issues, or incidents as they are known, that disrupt the service they depend upon. These are production (live) issues and need immediate attention to resolve. The candidate will have excellent COMMUNICATION skills, both verbal and written, an acute understanding that other people within the business depend on us, and the realisation on how to respond to that dependency via acknowledgement, updates and resolution are the primary roles of the position.
The following attributes are essential for this career opportunity:
- Focal point for their platform for Problem, Incident and Change(ITSM)
- Focal point for ITOPs for ITSM & the operational aspect of projects of their aligned CIO organization
- Active MIRT Participation and leading for Canadian Digital incidents
- Project oversight and ensure operational readiness is in place
- Management of all incidents impacting their CIO service
- Ensures Problem Management occurs for their owned issues; provide ITOPs SDM with RCA summaries
- Identify service improvement opportunities within their organization
- Develop and communicate trending and analysis of service metrics reporting against set targets
- Creation and Communication (verbal & written) of - Executive Problem Summaries for their CIO, CIO Service Reporting, Incident/change updates, etc.
- Represents platform and provides input to local CABs & Participate in Enterprise CABs
- Maintains an overall understanding of all changes impacting their portfolio, including vendor, and external implementations outside of their portfolio
- Partners with our development partners and collaborates with other organizations (e.g., TD, Networks, and Information Security) to recommend a server solution to the system non-functional requirements (e.g., Service Level Agreement [SLA] monitoring, audit controls, reporting, and security)
- Network with vendors and peers in external IT organizations, through user groups, in order to remain current with emerging technologies to satisfy the Enterprise's needs
- Minimum qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g. Physics or Mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g. filesystems, inodes, system calls, etc) or networking (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN, etc).
- Preferred qualifications: Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through to deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Passion for system automation, dashboards, etc.
- Is familiar with implementing processes at an organizational level using Enterprise IT methodologies (e.g., CMMI, ITIL, etc.)
We're here to help
- Possesses solid relationship management, communication, and coaching skills.
- Possesses advanced technical skills and is able to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Possesses advanced relationship management, communication, and coaching skills
- Possesses solid leadership skills
- Possesses solid facilitation and conflict management skills
- Demonstrates solid people management and negotiation skills
- Displays advanced decision making and analytical skills
- Possesses acceptance of ownership
- Demonstrates patience and understanding
- Possesses extensive Investigation & diagnostic skills
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.