120 Bloor Street East
Job Family Group:
The Senior Technology Officer / Application Software Development Manager in Channels Technology is accountable for managing a Development Group in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of branch banking applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies.
The STO/ASDM also accountable for the on-time, on-budget completion of project deliverables, adhering to standards, such as Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), International Organization for Standardization (ISO), and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
We are looking for a seasoned technology leader to lead our branch channel software team to help grow and modernize BMOs critical branch channel applications.
This role is a Canada-wide mandate and holds end-to-end accountability for technology strategy, projects and production operations. He/she leads a team of developers and vendor partners working on all aspects of solution design and development.
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading multiple, concurrent, large-scale releases and teams covering design, development, implementation and support
- Working knowledge of resource planning and project financials
- Proven ability to learn new businesses and technologies
- Solid experience developing multi-tier technology solutions
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Good collaboration and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong leadership, relationship and communication skills
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
- Brings out the best in people
- Loves brainstorming, winning, and having fun
Strong knowledge and practical experience in:
We're here to help
- Microsoft development tools (Visual Studio, TFS)
- Desktop application development including peripheral integration
- Services-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Web service protocols (JSON, SOAP)
- Secure coding practices
- Agile / iterative development methodologies
- Continuous development processes and tooling (e.g. Git, Bamboo, Maven)
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.