100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Around 7 years of IT experience with over 6+ years of experience in SQL Server and involved in all phases of Software Development life cycle from gathering requirement, development, implementation, testing and support.
- Over 6+ years of experience in SQL Server development and administration with DBA duties.
- Experience in SSIS, SSAS and SSRS of MS SQL Server tools.
- Well-versed with database Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, backups and recoveries, develop and debug Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Experience in creating SQL Logins, Roles and Authentication modes as a part of security policies for various categories of users.
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems
- Extensive experience with monitoring, tuning, analyzing DB performance and allocating server resources to achieve optimum DB performance by performing various query-optimization techniques.
- E xperience in writing MDX queries while creating and customizing Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Experience in working with SSAS in creating cubes, data source views, named queries, dimensions and deploying of analysis services projects.
- Expertise in identification of Business & Data requirements and converting them into conceptual & logical data models.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling Star and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Experience in maintaining database, including updating statistics, re-indexing, structure modifications, and index analysis and also Log Shipping, Mirroring & Replication to restore Database backup.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and project oriented team player with excellent written, verbal communication to develop creative solutions for challenging client needs.
- RDBMS - SQL Server
- SQL Server Tools:
- MS SQL Server,
- MSSQL Server Reporting Services
- MSSQL Server Analysis Services
- MSSQL Server Integration Services
- Data Transformation Services( ODBC, OLAP, SSMS, SQL Query Analyzer)
- 5 + years of Power BI Experience in both creating dashboards and administering the environment itself.
- 2+ years experience in SQL
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Use SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data
- Develop, monitor and deploy SSIS packages.
- D esign and create mappings using SSIS transformations
- Design SSIS to transfer data crossing different platforms and validate data during transfer
- Wr i te stored procedures and User Define scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in SSIS packages
- Design and implemented Data Integration and ETL processes with SSIS packages to make data available for reporting purpose s
- Performance tuning of Stored Procedures and T-SQL Queries.
- Extensive Knowledge in SSAS storage , partitions , Aggregations, calculation of queries with MDX and Data Mining Models
- Design and develop SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) databases and OLAP cubes that will be used for reporting
- D esign cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schemas.
- Create indexes on selective columns to speed up queries and analyses
- Design, Analyz e , build and test OLAP cubes in SSAS and add calculations using MDX.
- Build Power BI Reports to specifications provided
Understands that the success of a developer is to understand the core business processes of the business unit and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy (e.g., Transformation, SmartCore, DevOps). Conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Writes, configures, and integrates code to create the software that aligns with architecture patterns and technology strategy. Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system. Evaluates new technologies for fit with the program/system/eco-system and the associated upstream and downstream impacts on process, data, risk (e.g., security). Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote the development of common assets. Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
We're here to help
- Assesses impact of design decisions to the computer solution/product/service being developed (i.e. performance, schedule, budget, downstream component/system impact, quality, etc.) and recommends alternate/creative solutions for mitigation/optimization if required.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Leads and implements initiatives as required to deliver business objectives.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Leads/conducts detailed code-reviews and provides feedback in a constructive manner.
- Decomposes business requirements and translates them into detailed design specifications and code.
- Interacts with key business & technology stakeholders to define, analyze, and deliver requirements that reflect the needs of both the business and end-customers.
- Assesses the costs and benefits for different solutions and recommend/decide on appropriate designs.
- Designs solutions, writes code, performs unit testing, develops appropriate artefacts / documentation, and facilitates final delivery.
- Supports production issues, includes independently completing root-cause analysis and diagnosis.
- Devises new algorithms and data structures for target environment and platform attributes in alignment with architectural patterns.
- Builds solutions that are supportable, scalable and achieve our aspiration of common assets.
- Recommends or automates approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes and/or systems to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports the management of specific project deliverables & outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the development capability, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced level of knowledge in domain.
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight.
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes.
- Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.