250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
TechnologySenior Technical Specialist, Cloud Adoption EngineerDescription
We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate professional for a Senior Technical Specialist, Cloud Adoption Engineer position with extensive experience with AWS cloud services. BMO's cloud strategy is focused on innovation, leveraging rapidly emerging cloud native services to meet the rapidly evolving needs of our customers. The BMO Cloud Engineering team is leading the way at a Bank where our Purpose is Growing The Good and Being Bold. We demonstrate those values every day. Be part of the action - where we have challenging discussions about how to align those customer requirements to the right cloud architectures and services. Help evolve the BMO's core cloud platform, leveraging emerging best practices and tools, securely connected to our strategic suppliers, providing a platform for innovation to an entire Bank.Responsibilities:
Working in a close-knit technical team, the role will:
Required Core Skills:
- Design and implement BMO Cloud Platform, core and shared services
- Develop patterns for automated provisioning, management, scalability and security
- Ensure that all cloud solutions follow internally defined security and compliance standards and controls
- Design and plan enterprise-scale cloud environments including application dependencies, data storage and flow, network connectivity and overall cloud hosting
- Design, implement and secure cloud IaaS, PaaS and higher services in AWS
- Develop and maintain up-to-date architectural templates, build and operational documentation of the technical environment
- Contribute to the implementation of a software defined datacenter for in-house cloud capabilities
- Work in close collaboration with the rest of Engineering, DevOps and CIO teams to develop Service Catalogues
- Continuously enhance the capability, security and experience of the enterprise cloud
- Deep and broad general IT knowledge and hands-on experience in different areas such as networking, infrastructure, security, solutions architecture and design, OS (Linux/Windows), common protocols and services, identity and access management, automation and CI/CD, troubleshooting, etc.
- Strong programming skills and fluency with at least one of the following scripting languages: Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Strong Knowledge and proven experience in setting up, securing and managing public cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud provisioning and administration, cloud interoperability, cloud disaster recovery and business continuity strategies, as well as performance measurement and monitoring in the cloud
- Solid understanding and proven practical experience with AWS/Azure policies design
- Proficiency in cloud automation using AWS CLI, Azure CLI, CDK, CloudFormation, ARM or terraform.
- Hands-on experience with system configuration and DevOps tools preferably Ansible, Bitbucket, Git, Jira and Confluence
- Experience and knowledge of running containers and containers infrastructure in the cloud on a large scale
- Experience with setup and management of a software driven network, storage and compute and proven track record in system integration and design and setup of Infrastructure as a service and Platform as a service deployment
- Ability to participate in and keep up with fast-paced DevOps and System Engineering teams within Agile processes
We're here to help
- Strong interpersonal and communication Skills
- A critical thinker with strong research and analytics skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and an ability to work independently and/or in a team
- Able to work under tight timelines and deliver on complex problems
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.