Requisition ID: 121336
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Technical Lead
at the Scotia Digital, you will be accountable for designing, developing and implementing applications that support Digital Banking business initiatives.You will contribute to the overall success of the Digital Banking Unit
in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. In this role you will...
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You will champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- You will lead technical decisioning for the scrum teams, collaborating with Software Architects and other Technical Leads in the cluster
- You will work closely with POs and BSAs to plan next-in-priority technical items in the backlog
- You will work closely with the Senior Development Manager, providing technical decision reasoning for work items
- You will develop coding standards and testing approaches
- You will work closely with the Product Owner / BSA to determine near-term and future plans for the team
- You will collaborate with the Delivery Lead to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed
- You will understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- You will champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What's in it for you?
- 4+ years experience architecting and building out React applications and Node microservices
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence decision making across stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, utilities, and other technologies used by the team
- Demonstrated ability to lead team members with differing opinions and levels of experience
- Have project management skills to map and execute short &long-term plans for the team
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center
- Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Healthcare, Finance, Technology, Creative