Requisition ID: 153126
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Global Derivatives and Risk Technology team is a crucial part of the Global Banking & Markets Engineering Line of Business. This is an opportunity to work in the exciting world of Capital markets We are looking for a Senior Technical Business Analyst
to provide highly specialized technical leadership.This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office and from home with the details to be determined based on business needs. The Role
You and your team will engage with critical business leaders to perform analysis, design, development, and support of cost effective, mission critical, online, real-time financial trading, risk management and decision support systems. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple stakeholders in the Division, introducing new technology to meet business objectives and providing technical consultation and guidance in specialized areas. Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of cost-effective applications to meet the business objectives by, providing detailed technical designs, investigating and recommending new technology. Ensure all applications developed have a high degree of integrity, reliability, and availability to meet the requirements of the online transaction processing environment.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advise and knowledge transfer to all support staff on all aspects of client/server computing within a multi-protocol environment. The incumbent is also required to provide recommendations on departmental standards surrounding systems architecture, application development, systems integration, testing, as well as, performing reviews and walkthroughs of all major project deliverables to ensure the quality and completeness of functionality.
- Provide production and user acceptance testing application support to the most complex technical problems on all applications that service each business unit by analyzing problems, implementing solutions and developing new procedures surrounding support.
- Continuous enhancements to the Fixed Income platform stability and performance. Ensure that the stability and performance of Fixed Incomes Applications is continuously monitored and improved through regular enhancements to the applications set up (ION MMI, Market connections, etc.), infrastructure, and network.
- Be the liaison with internal and external infrastructure providers. Ensure a high level of accountability in maintaining optimal performance and stability objectives
- Secure, control and enhance the process for the regular upgrades and security requirements set up.
- Investigates holistic software problems and coordinates problem resolution with software vendors, hardware manufacturers, and/or appropriate in-house personnel.
- Develops end to end design specifications and provides consultative guidance to software project teams on their execution.
- Evaluates performance of software system and recommends changes to increase operational effectiveness.
What's in it for you?
- Relevant degree and 2-3 years progressive IT experience, with emphasis on complex microservices application for capital markets.
- Good knowledge of fixed income or capital markets computer science or related work experience required.
- Knowledge of ION Market view or equivalent fixed income applications desired
- Experience working on connectivity to the capital markets (e.g. FIX, Multicast protocols)
- Exposure to Unix and Oracle.
- Candidates coming from a Banking of Fintech background.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Onsite cafeteria.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
#ScotiaRED #In-Tech #LI-hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Testing, Business Analyst, eCommerce, Investment Banking, Risk Management, Technology, Sales, Finance
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance