60 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & ReportingDescription
The Senior Systems Analyst supporting the Business Intelligence & Reporting team is accountable to develop and maintain the Creditor Insurance database and reporting processes by evolving the system and data specifications to support analytical solutions and business intelligence needs. This includes the automation of data source extraction, data processing and supporting the timely and accurate delivery of business information and operational data requirements. The Senior Systems Analyst shares expertise with project teams to identify, develop, implement a design framework for enhancing the Creditor Insurance database and reporting technology. They will provide advice on the configuration, functionality, applicability and usability of data management, data analytics and data visualization technology solutions to enable high-quality, fact-based business decisions to drive better business outcomes.Specific Accountabilities
- The Senior Systems Analyst is a technical subject matter expert for one or more applications or platforms for Creditor Insurance reporting. The Senior Systems Analyst is accountable for providing technical guidance and specialized support for the development, improvement and maintenance of a data warehousing environment using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studios, Visual Studios and MS Office. Accountabilities include building data warehouse from conception to production: reading/creating data models, data mapping, developing SQL queries and performance data testing.
- Analyze technical issues for management, development teams and business partners in order to identify technical approaches and recommend solutions for the given problem. This includes collaborating with project teams to resolve technical road blocks, providing recommendations and implementing solutions.
- Design and improve processes to reduce the manual effort involved in production reporting and data file exchanges.
- Partner with business and technology teams to support and manage the maintenance of datamart process by following data warehouse best practices.
- Optimize and maintain data extraction and data manipulation from mainframe sources (e.g. CIS, NCCS, MDIF and MECH) and internal data warehouses (e.g. CAD/MBA, Netezza and CKBD).
- Build reports and visualizations to effectively communicate data driven insights to users for a variety of audiences e.g visualization solutions of data into reports, graphics, dashboards to illustrate facts, trends and insights.
- Key resource in the production of recurring and ad hoc reports such as Consolidated Insurance reports, scorecard data and special requirements from product managers and senior management.
- Review project documents to ensure quality, completeness and identify synergies between project initiatives in order to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the development process.
- Create technical design documents for system build guide and work closely with T&O partners to ensure technical requirements are accurately designed.
- Provide technical coaching to team members on design patterns, development and application processes in order to improve their technical skills.
- Manage operational aspects of development initiatives by leading technical streams and coordinating completion of tasks to ensure change requirements are met accordingly.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with key clients and stakeholders to continuously enhance reporting.
- Supports development and execution of strategic analytics & reporting initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have proven experience building data warehouse environments from conception to production (full project lifecycle).
- Strong experience with business systems analysis in a complex data warehousing environment running on Microsoft SQL Server Management Studios, Visual Studios and MS Office.
- Knowledge and experience in data preparation, data analysis, and statistical tool sets including but not limited to:
- Power BI
- Tibco Spotfire
- Excel & Access
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We're here to help
- Creative problem solving skills
- Possess excellent analytical skills for complex problem solving
- Detail oriented and possess good organizational skills
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.