is currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering Group, located at our Toronto office. Reporting to the Structural Engineering Department Manager this position will be responsible for working with a multi-disciplinary team to take innovative design solutions from proposals through to constructed projects for clients in a wide variety of Sectors.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAre WSPA day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Perform engineering calculations and assessments for structures composed of various materials including: Steel, Concrete, Masonry, and Wood;
- Knowledge of Precast Concrete structures is required;
- Utilize engineering software in the analysis of structural building components;
- Complete review of shop drawings, RFI's during construction phase of projects;
- Coordinate projects with clients and other disciplines;
- Attend site to review for general conformance;
- Respond to client request for proposals;
- Write technical reports;
- Edit specifications to suit project-specific requirements;
- Manage time spent on design tasks to meet established project-specific workplans;
- Work closely with BIM staff to coordinate drawing preparation;
- Complete engineering assessments;
- Participate in national practice technical initiatives, as required
- Keep detailed records of all work including design calculations and models;
- Occasional travel within Canada on occasion for site assessments and site support;
- Potential full or part-time offsite work as a representative of WSP with important clients;
- Successfully manages project performance (technical performance) with direct responsibility for technical quality to the client;
- Knowledge of related disciplines/fields of engineering is required;
- Coach, mentor, influence, motivate and supervise project team members and contractor to take action and to be accountable for assigned work;
- Uses initiative and judgment to resolve problems, interprets engineering specifications, investigates design and field engineering difficulties and coordinates work schedules;
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering;
- 8-15 years of experience;
- Registered Professional Engineer with the PEO;
- Knowledge of project planning, procurement and construction phases;
- Experience with P3 or Design-Build procurement models is preferred but not essential;
- Suitable experience in the design or construction of new and renovation projects for a variety of project types including Transportation (maintenance facilities, transit facilities;
- Experience working independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience working as a sub-consultant to an Architect or Design-Build Contractor;
- Proficiency in Revit would be considered beneficial;
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.