At TELUS we are seeking high potential, ambitious people who are motivated to identify new opportunities and drive programs to the next level. We are searching for individuals who thrive on new challenges, enjoy exploring new areas of opportunity, and do their best work in highly collaborative teams.
TELUS National Business Solutions drives the marketing and pricing strategy, product roadmap, and business intelligence functions for TELUS' business to business wireless portfolio, managed IT services portfolio, and unified communications portfolio. Further, the Business Strategy Enablement team provides business planning and business intelligence support to a diverse group of stakeholders inside the TELUS organization, and is responsible for driving a number of key strategic programs on an ad-hoc basis.
TELUS National Business Solutions, and the Business Strategy Enablement team specifically, are a diverse, collaborative, and highly engaged team. We are working to drive the growth of our many lines of business in a fast paced market environment, and to transform the way TELUS is serving the business to business market. As such, we are always on the look out for individuals who thrive on new challenges, have a keen analytical and strategic skill set, and are highly collaborative in their work approach.
If you're interested in helping chart the future of TELUS' B2B lines of business, then our group is the right place for you. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together!
The Senior Strategy Manager role will help map out the future of TELUS' business to business wireless portfolio, will create and own plans to evolve our business to business wireless marketing strategy, and lead key cross-functional initiatives to transform this business. This role will have a meaningful impact in setting the future direction of a large and strategically vital part of the TELUS organization.
Your talent for solving complex & ambiguous problems by leveraging quantitative and qualitative analyses, executive storytelling (both written and verbally), driving large cross functional initiatives to their conclusion, and building new practices from scratch will all be critical. Here's how...
You'll partner closely with the Director, Business Strategy Enablement on strategic planning activities, business analysis and business case development, and cross functional initiative execution. You'll work closely with the various Directors in the National Business Solutions team, as well as TELUS' business to business sales, marketing, and support organizations throughout the course of these activities. You'll lead key cross functional initiatives that need senior oversight and guidance due to both their complexity and organizational impact. And you'll drive the creation of thorough execution plans that see our high level strategies materialize into working level outcomes Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle... Must have skills:
• You are curious about our business and enjoy diving into data analysis. You turn information into insight by linking trends in the data to in-market phenomena
• You are a very strong storyteller, and are able to communicate complex, detailed concepts widely to differing audiences in a concise, compelling manner both verbally and in writing
• You are highly collaborative. You are able to connect with broad, diverse stakeholder groups with differing perspectives, identify and understand their points of view, and incorporate those perspectives into both business insights & concrete action plans
• You are equally comfortable developing detailed business cases with thorough research AND with quick back-of-the-envelope estimations with high level assumptions
• You have a positive attitude and flexible approach to your work, which enables you to manage shifting/competing priorities and meet tight deadlines
• You understand the business drivers behind the work you do and use this to make appropriate assumptions and uncover new ways to add value With:
• 8+ years of telecommunications experience
• 5+ years of experience with either strategy development or product management
• Demonstrated experience in large, complex project implementation
• Very strong financial modelling skills & executive storytelling skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel & Powerpoint)
• Post-secondary degree Great-to-haves...
• Experience in management consulting, investment banking, or other similar professional services
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
• Background in organizational strategy and design experience Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly ® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: August 20, 2018
Closes: September 17, 2018