Senior Staff - Internal Audit
Reference ID: TOR0039Z
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract.
Our Risk team provides comprehensive risk services that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their risk management and internal audit functions. Professionals in this role will work within the IT Risk and Assurance group to evaluate and test IT general controls, application controls, and business process controls to support financial statement audits, service organizational control reporting as well as internal audit projects. We currently are seeking a highly motivated Senior to support client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and participate in business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Our Risk team members help clients address compliance, financial, operational and strategic risk. Risk professionals assist clients with testing internal controls, developing internal audit plans, and providing audit services on a co-sourcing or outsourcing basis. They assess the current state of an organization's internal control/Sarbanes-Oxley Act framework and help clients drive value and efficiency in their internal controls utilizing the latest technology and leading practices.
Your key responsibilities
• Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in the financial services industry.
• Create work products such as operational risk related policies, procedures, methodologies, and training materials, and other engagement documentation.
• Assign and review work of staff supporting delivery of the work products.
• Maintain a strong client focus by effectively serving client needs and developing productive working relationships with client personnel.
• Stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business.
• Deliver high-quality client service by directing the daily progress of fieldwork and informing Managers of the engagement status.
• Display teamwork, integrity and leadership.
• Support colleagues and value others' contributions.
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
• Provide constructive on-the-job feedback and coaching.
• Utilize technology and tools to continually learn and innovate, share knowledge with team members and enhance the delivery of services.
• Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify potential opportunities to apply EY's services.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to work in a team environment
T o qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field;
• A minimum of 2 years of direct operational risk experience, with sound working knowledge of the core operational risk tools and activities;
Experience with MS Office and Lotus Notes;
• French language skills would be an asset;
Ideally, you'll also have
• Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
What we look for
We're interested in highly motivated talented individuals with a strong willingness to think outside of the box. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you're serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: January 20, 2019
Closes: March 21, 2019