Senior Staff Accountant
Reference ID: LON00EQD
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term career, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be.
As an Assurance Senior, you will be a professional member of Assurance practice. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources for our audit professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities
As an Assurance Senior you will deliver quality assurance services to our clients and their stakeholders. Flexibility for occasional travel within Ontario.
Skills and attributes for success
• Prepare review engagement, compilation (notice to reader), and small audit files
• Prepare personal and corporate income tax returns Adapt methodologies to a range of client types
• Strong multi-tasking abilities
• Foster an efficient, innovative and team-focused environment
• Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery
• Self-starter with strong attention to detail
• Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with clients, team members and outside parties
To qualify for the role you must have
• CPA, CA or CPA, CGA designation, or in final stages
• A minimum of three years of experience in accounting and in performing review and compilation engagements
• Flexibility to work additional hours as required
Ideally, you'll also have
• Working knowledge of investment management companies (portfolio investments) an asset
• Proficiency in Taxprep and Caseware (Quickbooks & Sage 50 an asset)
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We're looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world's leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: May 15, 2019
Closes: July 14, 2019