243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?
We are hiring a Senior Specialist, Central Pharmacy Services
Central Pharmacy Services is SDM's Innovative program to support the retail network to transform pharmacy workflow in a cost-effective manner.
Reporting to the Director, Strategy and Customer Success, you will be responsible for supporting all CPS offerings nationally. This includes supporting program training, roll-outs, ongoing program performance, troubleshooting and communication. In addition, the role will assist in the development of the onboarding roadmap by creating documentations and visualizations to support program process and workflow.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Facilitating the distribution and creation of reports to develop key business insights as well as preparing presentations to advance projects
- Work with Data Analytics team to come up with business insights
- Provide reports and recommendations to Directors and Senior Managers
- Provide weekly reporting to Regional teams to support store execution and workflow optimization
- Create action plans for optimization and best practices based on troubleshooting incidents and addressing questions and comments from stores
- Incorporate best practices from one site to others by working with pharmacy managers
- Work daily with MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Support the roadmap for store onboarding and provide assistance to regional teams
- Responsible for the roadmap of onboarding stores to multiple programs
- Work with Associates to help troubleshoot and address any issues they may have
- Conduct all the activities necessary to meet every change point prior to onboarding (T-90, T-60, T-45, T-30, Go Live, Post Launch)
- Provide ongoing retraining and support to regional teams with any operational or roadmap concerns
- Responsible to support in day-to-day operational activities at CPS sites
- Subject Matter Expert on the operations and processes of CPS and stores for the programs CPS supports
- Assist with training, addressing concerns (from operations, stores and regional teams) and continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the implementation and communication of new programs & software to the stores and regional teams
- Determine the urgency and detail of communication to various stakeholders depending on the issue at hand
- Make any necessary program and workflow changes as required
Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
- Well-developed project management skills are an asset
- Experience working in a retail pharmacy environment is an asset
- Ability to prioritize issues and work with stores, the regional teams and CPS teams to achieve a sustainable resolution
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong work ethic with a passion for detail and accuracy
- Post-secondary education
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio are essential
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.