Do you enjoy helping public sector customers solve technical problems? Do you have a knack for helping customers build a deep understanding of new platforms and new application architectures, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch computing projects on trajectories to success? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform in the public sector?
AWS is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Solutions Architect to grow our public sector business in Canada. You would be one of the members of a dynamic team, bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge computing technologies to bear on the difficult IT cost and agility problems facing national, regional, and local governments, as well as educational institutions, not-for-profit organizations (NPOs), and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Your business development and sales team, part of the larger World-Wide Public Sector business, will accelerate the adoption of the leading technology platform in the public sector worldwide.
As a Public Sector Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services, you will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad usage of AWS's utility computing services (such as Amazon Elastic Compute (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache, and Amazon CloudFront) within public sector organizations, as well as the larger public sector partner ecosystem.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the customer and partner technical engagement end-to-end, including diving deep and being hands-on with technology; evangelizing and educating customers and partners; leading formal and informal training classes; removing technical sales blockers through knowledge transfer and partnerships; defining implementation and transition architectures; helping to respond to Requests for Information and Requests for Proposals; and achieving success with other specific technical projects as needed. To achieve those goals and building on your broad background and technical breadth and depth in security, networking, operating systems, storage, and application architecture and implementation you will develop expertise in all services and technologies, and deep understanding of how customer applications and services are best built and operated on the computing platform.
The ideal candidate will possess customer-facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel within public sector organizations, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance with software developers and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, mission, product, and technical challenges.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
- Creating, building, educating, training and designing computing architectures for our Government & Education Partners.
- Our company credo: "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". It is critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
- Deep-dive technical discussions around and the innate curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
... with experience in the following key areas:
- Technical development/deployment experience, virtual networking, computing.
- Operational site/services operations, management, and security.
- Economic and business RFP/Acquisition support; Technical architecture; understanding market trends; cost benefit analysis
- Government and education: Advisory/consulting experience with national and local governments, as well as educational institutions of all types.
- Executive Speaking and Presentation Skills: White board, small and large group presentations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key leader in Canada helping to ensure agency and institution success in fulfilling their missions, through building and migrating applications, software and services on the platform.
- Engage and educate new and existing partner ecosystem, and support their technical implementation efforts.
- Assist solution providers and government agencies with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies that will enable them to drive down costs and raise the bar for citizen services.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide solution community, as well as your public sector SA team.
- Understand the market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Travel up to 25%BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math or related field.
- 5+years software development, infrastructure build and management, or systems architecture and implementation experience.
- Experience with technology and related technologies such as virtualization, networking, storage, and data management systems.
"Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation."PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• The successful candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be the technical face of within our solution provider ecosystem/environment, as well as directly to end customers.
• He she will be able to drive discussions with senior technical and management personnel within customers and partners, as well as the technical background that enables him or her to interact with and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects.
• Highly technical and analytical, possess significant software and development and/ IT and networking implementation/consulting experience in relevant markets.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
• Understanding of application, server, network security, and government compliance and security certification models and processes is highly desired.
• Working knowledge of software development and engineering practices as well as Internet/web and SOA/web services technologies highly desired.
• Web services development/deployment experience, IT systems and network engineering experience, security and compliance experience, software engineering experience, etc
• Operational experience with website/web services as well as traditional IT operations, management, and security experience.
• Deep business understanding of computing as a fundamentally disruptive technical and business strategy; market analysis; cost benefit analysis, RFP/Acquisition support; etc.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.