Amazon Web Services ("AWS") is a pioneer and recognized leader in cloud computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in the cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies and 'Global 500' companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around (1) market development for new web services and (2) market expansion for existing web services.
AWS Platform Business Development is looking for an experienced and motivated technologist with a passion for creating strategies, best practices and solving complex business challenges focused on the new Outposts offering. Outposts brings native AWS services, infrastructure, and operating models to virtually any data center, co-location space, or on-premises facility. Customers can use the same APIs, tools, hardware and functionality across on-premises and the cloud to deliver a truly consistent hybrid experience. Outposts can be used to support workloads that need to remain on-premises due to low latency or local data processing needs. Outposts infrastructure is also fully managed, maintained, and supported by AWS, to deliver access to the latest AWS services.
As a Solutions Architect for Outposts, you'll have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to redefine how customers create, compute, and consume cloud services at a scale not seen before. As a technical expert in Platform Business Development, you'll be at the leading edge of technology thought leadership and implementation with major customers across EC2 Outposts engagements.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have deep understanding of cloud, use cases, architectures, workflow and ecosystem. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. One should also have demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Successful candidates will also possess
• Deep technical skill in software architecture and cloud computing
• Customer-facing skills, ideally gained within a partner/consulting organization
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, KVM, Hyper-V or Xen Hypervisor
• 7+ years of experience with Linux or Unix infrastructure
• 5+ years of experience provisioning block, object or file storagePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Progressive experience working with business development, enterprise account management, strategic partnerships, software development and/or program/product teams
• Experience with data center implementations
• Experience with cloud computing and/or related fields (IT, software, etc.), including AWS services
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms
• MBA / MS or equivalent, relevant-seeming business experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills: important in Solutions Architect job family as to presenting to customers, writing architectural documents, considering IT but also non-IT audiences, etc.