What is the opportunity?As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for building solution and framework as well as utilities to support performance testing and integrate non-functional testing as part of the DevOps pipeline, design and develop test scripts based on business requirements to ensure quality delivery of software. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must-Have
- Design, implement and carry out the development necessary to build any performance automation solutions.
- Develop new features and enhancements for our in-house developed platform/tool using the latest technologies such as NodeJS, React, Elasticsearch etc.
- Set up and configure the software and hardware necessary to implement tests.
- Assist application teams to perform load testing, stress testing, global user testing, integration testing and soak testing as well as capacity planning.
- Analyze performance results and provide any observations to the application teams.
- Estimate activities/tasks required to perform design, coding, and test execution.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
- Experience in writing SQL queries and Databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle etc.
- Experience working with JIRA, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, VB, Windows, Linux, Shell scripting, Groovy.
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
What's in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Sound knowledge of performance testing concepts.
- Knowledge of DevOps methodology and tools.
- Experience with Open Source and industry recognized performance test tools (e.g. JMeter)
- Experience in using Docker and version control tool like GIT etc.
- Experience with API development and User Interface development.
- Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Get Career Alerts
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up for Career Alerts and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City: Toronto
Address: 88 QUEENS QUAY WEST
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 03/31/2021
Req ID: 334596 Posting Notes: