The Grocery Shopping Team, a team within Alexa Voice Shopping, enables customers to build baskets of grocery and consumable items using voice across device and formats. The convenience of shopping for groceries by voice, midstream of other activities, will bring a new level of convenience that will change how people shop for groceries and consumables.
Our vision is to enable a voice grocery experience that wows customers with its simplicity and convenience and creates long term highly engaged device owners and Amazon grocery shoppers. Customers will ask Alexa to buy grocery items and be delighted when she knows their favorite items, schedules deliveries, reminds them of items they may have forgotten, and helps them manage their household grocery needs.
We are seeking talented and experienced engineers to design and develop conversational shopping experiences and algorithms in Toronto. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's new devices and the way shopping is done. Finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
What you will work on: You will build and operate massively scalable services while also developing delightful shopping experiences for Echo and other Amazon products. You will be working closely with multiple product managers and engineering leaders from partner teams in Amazon Retail, Speech Recognition and Research Sciences teams.
As a Senior SDE, you will lead the design, implementation, and delivery of software in ambiguous and complex problem spaces. You will be a key influencer in the team business and technology strategy.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
* 7+ years professional experience in software development
* 5+ years of experience in distributed system design and algorithms
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
* Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
* Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Objective C, or JavaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience in machine learning
* Experience in full-stack development.
* Strong track record of helping build productive and successful software development teams, actively developing talent.
* Experience in mobile development and mobile security.
* Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architecture, design, and code to bring them to life.
* Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Product Management, and Senior Leadership.
* Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields
Software and Programming