Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture. Senior Frontend Software Developer
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be joining one of our teams, expanding our banking platform. You will be contributing to the development of world-class digital products and experiences touching millions of Tangerine customers every day. We are looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers and the banking industry. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You dream in code and spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
- Interested in the impact that financial services technology can have on people's everyday lives
- Experienced in user-centered design
- Eager to mentor, teach and share
- Continuous integration and deployment makes you giddy
- Knowledge of the latest and greatest approaches to Agile Technical Practices
- You enjoy collaborating and working alongside people with different skillsets
- You have 5 or more years of software development experience, (conceptualization, design, development and debugging) with at least two years of experience providing hands-on architectural design for software applications with an understanding of design patterns such as MVVM, MVC, Clean Architecture
What's in it for you?
- Sound technical knowledge with:
- HTML, SCSS, JQuery, XSL, XML
- Angular 8(+)
- State Management (NgRX), RxJS
- Responsive design and development
- You have experience with unit-testing, code for robustness, security, usability and improving performance of the overall application
- You have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong command in Computer Science concepts (SOLID, etc.)
- Experience in integrating Third Party libraries and SDKs
- Experience building applications that consume web services and HTTP REST interaction with JSON
- Strong problem solving abilities
- You're passionate about well-designed products and not afraid to sit with our Design Team to prototype, wireframe, and white-board your ideas
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Developer, Medical, Bank, Banking, Computer Science, Technology, Healthcare, Finance