Requisition ID: 109095
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Senior Service Designer you will be responsible for helping Scotiabank see what is hidden in plain sight by mapping our end-to-end services and processes from the perspective of the customer, and unearthing how they can be reimagined to better serve our customers digitally and beyond. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- Work with diverse partners & stakeholders to design services and experiences, as well as the internal processes, policies and programs that support them, in support of seamless customer experiences.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of human needs and how they can be mapped back to organizational systems and processes
- Defines insights about what makes processes bad and experiences awful for our customers, always operating constructively toward recommending positive alternatives
- Designs and delivers end-to-end projects, managing stakeholders, schedules, and deliverables
- Translate complex systems in compelling stories, communicating in a credible and engaging manner to meaningfully stretch people's thinking and reconstruct longstanding operating models
- Accountable for delivery and design of a range of workshops, ideation sessions and design sprints to engage employees and customers in designing customer-centric processes
- Highly skilled in various design tools such as journey maps, service patterns and service blueprints to effectively institutionalize customer-centric practices
- Have specialized skills and experience in the nature & pace of change in a specific market as well as the related needs and behaviours of our customers, identifying potential opportunities and channels relevant to our business
- Apply expertise to the analysis and synthesis of multiple sources of data, including observational interviews, qualitative research studies and direct user feedback.
- Provide empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of design work.
- Contribute to the growth of the Service Design practice across Scotiabank, acting as an advocate for the practice and a passionate agent of change.
- Participate actively in a collaborative, innovative, challenging and supportive team environment.
What's in it for you?
- 5+ years experience in service design, business design or a closely related field
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrates expertise in consulting successfully on large and complex multi-channel projects
- Highly-skilled in a range of design methodologies such as journey mapping, pattern and blueprint development, contextual interviews, ethnographic observation, diary studies, design workshops, landscape reviews, trend analysis, etc.
- Advanced understanding of information architecture and systems thinking as they apply to the design of a service
- Leads activities to synthesize data and present insights toward meaningful outcomes.
- Demonstrates a positive and resilient personality; able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- Deals well with ambiguity, taking smart and calculated risks and supports others who do the same.
- Effectively able to prioritize and pivot in response to evolving business constraints.
- Open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh.
- A background in Fintech or other financial related products is an asset.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite is an asset; including the ability to build your own design artifacts such as personas, journey maps, reports, etc.
- French and/or Spanish proficiency considered an asset
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We hire you for your talent - not just a job - so you can grow with us. We'll equip you for success not only in your role, but also in your career as a whole
- Dress codes don't apply here: being comfortable does
- Our work from home social channel offers weekly virtual yoga, social events, learning opportunities, and contests to share current experiences & promote wellbeing in our new remote environment
- Access to thousands of online and in-person courses so you can hone your current skills, or learn new ones
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision, and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
- Free shuttle service to and from Union Station, onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, and an onsite fitness center *
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Developer, Healthcare, Finance, Technology