Requisition ID: 110869
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Sr. SCRUM MASTER Purpose of Job:
The Scrum Master is responsible for driving team effectiveness by identifying and removing impediments, supporting the team, and encouraging practices in accordance with agile principles.
The Scrum Master is empowered to introduce better ways to drive team productivity. Guide the team by embodying agile values, facilitating ceremonies and supporting a culture of continuous improvement and shared practices. The incumbent will actively participate in developing and maintaining a high performing, self-organizing team. Major Accountabilities:
1. As a Scrum Master you will ensure the team enacts the agile principles, values and framework:
- Provide support to teams using a servant leadership style
- Coach the development team and help lead and insure the "agile mindset" is fully adopted and understood
- Inculcate core agile values of focus, commitment, respect, openness and courage into the team's ground rules through leading by example
- Assess and coach the team to higher levels of performance, tracking acceleration metrics
- Guide the development team on how to integrate agile ceremonies and values into daily work.
- Encourage an environment where open communication and collaborative problem solving can pave the way for faster removal of any impediments and where the impact of mistakes can be minimized through early detection, making them into learning opportunities
- Facilitate the discussion with the team and technical SMEs to identify technical debt risks and develop approaches to remediate.
2. Implement and promote use of agile methodology within the team:
- Facilitate agile ceremonies including iteration planning, iteration review, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Create a forum for discussing vision, goals, and Product Backlog items amongst the team
- Apply techniques for effective workflow visualization and management (e.g. Kanban or Scrum Boards)
- Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
- Facilitate identifying and enacting improvement strategies to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work- maintaining the momentum of the initiative and upholding a sustainable pace of delivery; track agile metrics to provide statistical proof of momentum and sustainability
- Understand long-term product planning/ roadmap and influence PO to have a discussion with development teams to create quicker gains for the benefit of the end user
- Works with PO to ensure proper lightweight documentation (captured in artifacts such as program vision statement, program backlog, program roadmap, release plan, sprint backlog, and increments) is prioritized and added to the team's backlog of work
- Compliance with Scotiabank policies and procedures for project delivery
3. Develop and nurture strong partnering relationships with Product Owner/Business Sponsor and stakeholders:
- Develop strong partnership with the Product Owner to gain strong understanding of objectives, sustain open dialogue to manage product backlog efficiently
- Influence a wide range of stakeholders (business, compliance, Legal, IT, etc.) to remove impediments and maximize team output
- Support and educate the Product Owner on agile principles and practices to preserve the team from external pressures which may inhibit its productivity
4. Contribute to building organizational capability and expertise on agile adoption:
- Lead and coach the team in its agile adoption, sharing successes, artifacts, and experience to accelerate transition to new delivery models
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the development team (Stakeholders, Executives), acting as a champion of the agile methodology
- Partner with Agile Coach and other agile teams to share findings, best practices, and resources to help mature the organization's agility Education
- Bachelors Degree Experience
- 8-10 years of IT experience
- 5+ years of Scrum Master experience in a recent project/initiative within a true agile environment.
- Experience coordinating and/or leading large cross-functional/cross-regional teams on major organizational projects, preferably in an agile work environment
- Prior Project Management experience is nice to have Certifications
-Individual may have Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
-KMP I (Kanban Systems Design) certification - Nice to have
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Web Design, Investment Banking, Finance, Technology, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance