33 Dundas Street West
Job Family Group:
MUST HAVE: Payment Platform testing experience, particularly end to end automation and functional testing, Data testing, understanding of data flow, good understanding of Front End, API. Please include a detailed description if you have this experience.
The role is Hybrid (1-2 days work from office) and Individual Contributor (not people manager) About the role:
Ensures the quality of the products that technology delivers, working closely with all applications, common services/middleware, and infrastructure teams throughout the development/engineering lifecycle. Designs, develops, executes, and maintains test strategies, plans, summaries for common services/middleware, data, and applications in various environments. Records and documents testing results (including anomalies and issues) and compares them to expected results. Detects solution failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected. Generates historical analysis of test results and maintains a list/repository of defects. Reviews and interprets all documentation related to testing, including business requirements and functional and design specifications, to provide input to the project team on the planning of testing activities. Provides immediate response to production program problems. What will you do:
- Leads End to End Testing for the North American Credit Cards team (as Individual Contributor)
- Provides guidance on reviewing, evaluating and driving requirements for testability to ensure review processes are adhered to.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for
- Designs and supports the implementation of best-in-class testing strategies for complex solutions, across multiple platforms and businesses/groups.
- Performs analysis of test results and prepares comprehensive subsystem and/or system level evaluation reports which verify and validate system performance.
- Creates discrepancy reports and performs integration regression testing to verify/validate incorporated fixes to software, components, subsystems and systems.
- Executes and verifies test cases as part of the overall functional testing of Information Technology products as well as reporting defects and test results to the stakeholders.
- Ensures the accuracy and consistency of test results through documentation processes.
- Ensures development teams' unit testing practices are in place and confirms core criteria met prior to integrated testing delivery.
- Proactively provides improvement opportunities to the team to enhance the customer experience.
- Drives the testing automation capabilities.
We're here to help
- Typically, 10 years of work experience in QA, testing Data and large SW applications
- 4-5 years experience in Banking, specifically
- BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems
- Knowledge of the SDLC, testing concepts, methodologies, metrics, automated testing frameworks
- Proficient with SQL
- Experience with Automation and Functional Testing tools (HP ALM), JIRA
- Strong experience to identify and drive end to end data flow testing from source to target system through multiple applications integrated with each other by real time connection and batches.
- Hands on working experience on front end and API automation testing tools on the market
- Knowledge and hands on working experience with multiple application Software, programming languages and database
- 5 years experience in Banking, testing applications related to card life cycle from onboarding to downstream
- Understand the data flow and drive the E2E testing by involving the appropriate business or technical teams
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.