176 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Great opportunity to work closely with the performance transformation lead, other cross-functional team members and senior executives to deliver and execute our strategic transformation as we build and execute a multi-year plan to embed performance practices more deeply into everyday activities in service of Winning Culture and Ambition 2025 - a key priority for the Bank.
Provides expert advice and counsel related to performance management through a variety of business/group & leadership engagements to execute the HR strategy and support the business/group strategy. Supports/defines the strategic direction, governance design, program design and execution of the performance management program at BMO. Completes specific strategic & operational work to deliver business results and/or minimize risk.
We're here to help
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group and industry trends.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Recommends changes on policy decisions.
- Enhances subject matter expertise and keeps abreast of trends by reading journals and articles.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Manages relationships with outside service providers for programs and ensure all required activities are completed.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Provides advanced analytical and other project support in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of policies and programs.
- Leads change management programs of varying scope and type, including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- May include developing communications for senior leader and Board of Director meetings.
- Leads the execution of solutions & programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the design, development and implementation of multi-year strategy for performance management that improves employee productivity, engagement and advocacy in alignment with BMO's overall business strategy.
- Provides input to policy positions for performance management, taking into account legislative requirements.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations. Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Monitors and tracks program performance, and addresses any issues.
- Provides analytical support & recommends program design solutions, including manipulating data, preparing funding & forecasting models, preparing scenarios, developing preliminary results and monitoring variances to plan for various total reward programs.
- Participates in / coordinates industry benchmarking processes that allow for better understanding of BMO's program in relation to comparators.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Builds alignment between stakeholders.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.