Requisition ID: 111701
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
The Automotive Finance Team at Scotiabank is experiencing a massive transformation and growth with constantly evolving digital journeys and disruptions within automotive ecosystem and financing technologies. Scotiabank is one of the top automotive finance lenders in Canada and the Senior Product Manager role will be pivotal to drive the growth forward and maintain our leading position in the marketplace through delivering innovative and top notch digital solutions for our automotive partners, business and customers The Role:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who is a people leader, a change champion and a product evangelist who brings deep insights into customer experience, journeys, technology integrations and competitive product strategies. As a Senior Product Manager, you will create and own digital product strategies, product roadmaps and manage a team of talented senior developers, analysts and quality engineers. Reporting to the Director of Development, you will work very closely with internal business and technology stakeholders and lead cross functional technology and business agile teams to deliver outstanding technology capabilities and solutions. You will motivate and foster a self-organized team culture to design and create awesome automotive finance products by leading through design thinking, process engineering, development, testing, support and maintenance life cycles of the product Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Lead a highly passionate team of product developers, analysts and engineers to deliver top-notch products and solutions by partnering with internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and maintain product vision and roadmaps to deliver strategic changes and features by continuously benchmarking against industry trends and competitiveness
- Advise senior management on product strategies, development estimations, prioritizations, and key risks associated with product ideas and opportunities
- Grow Agile team maturity through continuous coaching and improvement mindset, utilizing modern development engineering practices such as DevOps and Cloud computing capabilities
- Participate in Agile development ceremonies such as daily huddles, story grooming, retrospectives and product demos
- Articulate and recommend piloting, rollout and A/B testing strategies as required for important product releases
- Define MVPs, Epics and maintain Kanban story boards
- Assist senior management with budgeting, estimations, and resource planning
What's in it for you?
- Proven product management experience in complex technology and enterprise environment
- Strong communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Excellent people management, coaching and leadership skills and experience
- Knowledge of cloud development technologies and tools such as Containers, VMs and Micro services.
- Experience with Azure Cloud, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and Google APIGee is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge on .NET architecture, Java/J2EE based development tools, DevOPs, API integration, SQL databases
- Familiarity with newer front-end development technologies such as ReactJS, Spring and NodeJS
- Nice to have - Experience with Big data technologies (Hadoop, Apache Spark, NoSQL, Mongo DB)
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Stratford
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Engineer, Developer, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance