This role is an opportunity to be at the center of the expanding Compute marketplace. Ideally you are a natural change-agent who is excited by new business models using the latest technologies and are equally passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences through a best in class value chain.
TELUS Managed I.T. Services (MITS)seeks an innovative, energetic Senior Product Manager. The focus will be an innovative product in Cloud Computing supporting both Enterprise and Mid-market Business Solutions Segments. Responsibilities:
As part of the Product Management team you will:
• Identify & assess new business opportunities to drive differentiated, compelling, profitable Managed IT offerings, leveraging experience & industry knowledge. Required Knowledge:
• Develop detailed financial analysis, business case and scenario modeling against current state and/or recommended strategy.
• Present concepts, recommendations, and strategy to stakeholders and leadership.
• Advise and consult cross-functional/ cross-business stakeholders for initiatives that span technology domains (network, storage, compute, applications and services)
• End to end Product accountability; including Product concept, design & lifecycle; working across stakeholder groups, cross-functional teams, partners and vendors.
• End to end Business accountability; including entire value chain, associated revenues/costs, as well as remedial & enhancement activities.
• Contribute to the MITS Cloud Services roadmap and pricing strategy; address key market and competitive dynamics; align to corporate objectives, operations capabilities, and service evolution priorities.
• Achieve revenue, profitability and customer success targets for products under management; regularly review and improve the performance metrics.
• Drive continuous product & process improvement for superior competitiveness and high L2R using consistent, deep engagement with all stakeholders.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Information Technology industry, especially evolving Cloud Computing ecosystems (EG MS Azure), deployment models & related managed services.
• Solid knowledge of server virtualization, networking & storage technologies.
• Solid Understanding of product management best practices.
• Solid business acumen and understanding of key financial performance drivers, sales/marketing strategy, customer experience, and value chain.
Familiarity with TELUS Wireline order to cash systems, as well as related TELUS methods and processes Qualifications: Required Skills & Abilities:
Applicants most likely to thrive will display the following traits and skills:
• Possess an innate business-ownership mentality taking full accountability, while developing & growing your business. Required Professional Designation/Certification:
• Strong ability to work in a virtual team, with shared objectives, priorities and goals.
• Must be self-motivated with pro-active attitude and high enthusiasm.
• Strong time management skills while maintaining high attention to detail and prioritizing a heavy workload.
• Strong interpersonal skills including ability to create clarity & communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle escalations & obstacles positively.
• Demonstrated history of creativity, innovation and solid problem solving.
• Expert PC skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Bilingual English/French an Asset
• University degree in Business, Compute Science, and/or Engineering. MBA is an asset; however proven track record of delivery and execution is equally valid. Required Experience:
• Marketing, Business, Technical or Management certifications and/or professional designations, are an asset. (EG ITIL, Six Sigma, Pragmatic, AWS, M.S.,etc)
• 7+ years successful experience in the I.T. or telecommunications industry in a Product Management, Business Development role and/or I.T. Sales/Solutioning /Architecture role(s) Who is TELUS?
• 7+ years business-to-business experience and/or managed services experience
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Posted: September 14, 2018
Closes: October 28, 2018