5750 Explorer Dr
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
As a Senior Portfolio Manager, you will be working with a portfolio of large dealership groups with sophisticated financial needs which include cash flow based financing, large multi bank syndicates and alternate debt capital structures. You will work closely with the Managing Director to grow the portfolio by being involved with pitches for new business and growing share of wallet. You will facilitate decisioning and analysis of all types of credit information to support lending decisions and processes for the bank. Maintains and promotes a client service environment to satisfy and exceed customer needs and expectations. This role will make credit decisions and recommendations in accordance with sound credit-granting principles and in compliance with Bank Policies & Procedures.
This is an important role that will report directly to the Head of National Accounts. Areas of responsibility:
- Provides accurate financial analysis and risk assessment of new and existing customers and provides deal structuring expertise.
- Participates in the development of financial models and other analytical tools to assist clients in evaluating capital structure.
- Partners with internal stakeholders for accurate, detailed client information.
- Develops credit information to make lending decisions on new, renewal and extension loans.
- Oversees preparation of concise, well-reasoned credit correspondence.
- Coordinates the preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize penetration and returns.
- Assists in negotiations of terms and conditions of all decisions made via in person, phone and e-mail interaction with clients.
- Prepares summary, present facts and offer opinions concerning credit worthiness.
- Minimizes BMO's risk exposure by adhering to internal credit policies and procedures with respect to lending decisions.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- May manage work flow of other analysts by aligning tasks with departmental goals and objectives.
- Applies deep expertise in bank products, processes and systems and effectively trouble shooting to ensure a high-quality client experience.
- May coordinate closing with closing department, clients and attorneys.
- Serves as a daily escalation resource to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Acts as a primary subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Maintains current on financing trends in target clients' markets, and communicate same to team members.
- Oversees documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically -at least 4-5 years of relevant accounting, financial/credit analysis, business/commercial banking and/or corporate finance experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive finance experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding of financial and/or credit analysis gained through business and/or educational experience.
- Excellent Financial Modeling Skills - in-depth.
- Presentation and Power Point Skills - in-depth
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians