Requisition ID: 153198
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team
- We are the CBT BrAIn Team (Canadian Banking Technology Branch, Analytics and Insurance), focused on proudly supporting technology projects delivered to our Canadian Banking business partners.
- We work closely with our Business Partners, Developers, Vendors and other within the Bank to ensure we deliver successful projects which align with the overall business strategies and roadmaps ensuring the highest quality experience for the customer.
- Most projects are across multiple retail products and multiple Bank channels. The projects relate to new products and/or product enhancements on multiple systems and platforms. The focus is on providing solutions that assist front line staff in providing better servicing to our customers and increase sales & productivity.
- The group is a mix of business analysts, solutions experts, specialists and developers who provide value by delivering projects that meet the needs of our Insurance Business line. We develop Technology Roadmaps, ensure end-to-end project delivery, write technical stories, develop code, manage stakeholders and connect related teams.
The Senior Developer is responsible for the delivery of business and technology related solutions. You will be responsible for solution designs, application code, and participate in the day to day operations for several applications in the analytics and loyalty space; you will also provide technical thought leadership, navigates us through production issues and investigations, and be a key advocate of efficiency and continual improvement as we work to modernize our platforms. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- Elicit and document (user stories, story maps, etc.) high level and detailed requirements and process/data flows (as-is, future state) for enhancements and new feature requests for existing analytics and loyalty applications
- Provide investigative support and perform prioritization, root cause analysis, and impact analysis for L1 and L2 support for existing applications
- Work as a liaison among various business and technology teams to ensure strategic alignment for the solutions being considered/implemented
- Conduct and manage requirements elicitation and demo sessions with stakeholder teams
- Assist Scrum Master in managing agile delivery/adoption (manage JIRA, Confluence, Kanban, ServiceNow) and participate in agile ceremonies
- Support UAT and release management (including post implementation verification)
- Participate in systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
- Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
What's in it for you?
- An appetite for learning new systems and technologies
- Becreative, self-starting, results-oriented, and motivated individual withsolidanalytical skills to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of business problems.
- Skill in building strong working relationships with business, technology, compliance and regulatory teams and partners.
- Ability to articulate complex technical problems or solutions in a business-friendly language.
- Bachelors or master's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Technical certification or business certification is an asset, as is experience working for a bank or similar large, regulated environment.
- Senior level knowledge of technologies including: Pega ESM, Pega CDH, Java, API development, and event driven architectures
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank's Canadian banking business, including abroad range of banking products and servicesfrom savings and chequing accounts to credit cards and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our business applications and platforms
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.