Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD IT Operations
is home to a team of highly-valued professionals recognized for both their customer-service mindsets and dedication to seamless 24-7 running of our infrastructure technologies. They also manage what we call the implementation and delivery life cycle for IT components across the various technology groups. Component installation, maintenance and decommissioning, operational or help desk support, system performance, capacity and availability monitoring, migration, emerging technology assessment, implementation, release management and deployment support - you name it.
There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Minimum 10 years of DBA working experience building, deploying and administering distributed Oracle DBMS, Oracle Exadata appliance, Oracle OEM, and Oracle Cloud.
- Undergrad Degree or Diploma in Computer Science. Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science will be preferred.
- Expert level knowledge of Oracle Cloud at customer on Exadata platform with hands on experience with design, development, and implementation in a large enterprise.
- Excellent knowledge in Oracle Exadata Appliance management and support
- Hands on experience with database security and database encryption
- Provides expert advice and/or acts in a lead capacity on operational system / applications planning, performance, availability, integration, operations support and release / deployment management.
- Develop and recommend technical strategies and solutions to maintain and/or expand service levels
- Works independently and/or autonomously as a senior/ lead on a diverse range of tasks / operational support of solutions and is relied upon to coach/ educate others
- Expert level knowledge of database auditing, audit logging, creating benchmark for audit points.
- Expert level knowledge of Finance industries compliance requirements such as SOX, PCI DSS, FISMA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and FATCA.
- Expert level knowledge of user access management and database privileges
- Hands on experience with deploying database security patches and remediation of database vulnerabilities.
- Expert level hands on experience with installation, configuration and maintenance for Oracle 12c/19c RAC and 12c/a9c ASM
- Expert level experience with the building, configuring, monitoring, and implementation of Oracle DataGuard technology.
- Expert level knowledge about RMAN backup/recovery experience on very large databases.
- Expert level knowledge is required with Oracle Goldengate Replication tool
- Expert level knowledge is required with Oracle performance analysis using several tools Statspack, SQL tracing, AWR, ASH report etc
- Expert level experience in troubleshooting and resolving urgent/critical incidents on production systems.
- Expertise in managing Oracle database in Linux/Solaris/AIX and several file systems such as OCFS, and zFS etc.
- Solid experience is required with Python, Perl, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Expert level experience with installation/configuration and management of OEM 13c (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Solid experience with IBM IIDR data Replication is required
- Experience with database utilities and backup tools (Tivoli Storage Manager)
- Experience with performing backup and recovery for both application tablespaces and catalogue tablespaces
- Comfortable with working in a rapidly changing, technically complex environment.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management.
- Able to provide expert knowledge in the development of an enhance database service.
- Influence product direction, foresee issues and gaps, identify solutions, and work comfortably with leading edge products that are untested/ unproven in the market
- Work with Architects, design and build teams to ensure that environment modifications interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, and other areas of impact are addressed and meet performance requirements of the project
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate
- Graduate Degree preferred.
- 7+ years relevant experience.
- Readiness and confidence in installing, configuring, upgrading business applications/systems in co-ordination with appropriate stakeholders.
- Experience as a primary subject matter expert in multiple areas and consultant on aspects of operational support and solutions.
- Ability to take on assignments that are highly complex and multifaceted.
- Previous experience monitoring, coaching/ educating a small team of IT professionals.
- Strength in ability to facilitate technical information exchange amongst project teams, the business and/or outside vendors.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking,
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.