Requisition ID: 155425
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Looking for a hybrid role? We have the job for you! Our employees in hybrid roles can alternate between work from home & onsite in the office with the details to be determined, based on business needs. The team:
Scotiabank's Global Technology Solutions' (GTS) - Database Operations plays a critical role in supporting Oracle production database operations, 24x7. We are also responsible for project work, which may include, but not limited to the setup of new database servers, creation of databases, setup replication, performance & tuning, etc... The role:
You will have the opportunity to work with a team to keep Oracle databases, that support various applications, up and running. You will also support production issues, assessing, analyzing the action plans to fix those issues.
You will be a part of the teams' rotational on call duties and, when required, work on after-hours project deployments in the evenings or weekends . Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You are eager to plan, design, build, test, & support database systems.
- You thrive on providing technical analysis and recommendations.
- You want to be challenged with complex problem solving in time sensitive situations to reduce system downtime and customer impact.
- You are a wizard in writing scripts to enhance performance & tuning.
- You are interested in being the beacon of Oracle technical knowledge & sharing it.
What's in it for you?
- You can demonstrate very good communication (verbal/written) skills.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience as an Oracle DBA in a medium to large production environment.
- You can demonstrate hands-on technical working experience with the creation, installation, configuration, back-up & recovery, upgrades & migrations of Oracle 11g AND/OR 12c AND/OR 19c.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the set-up, configuration & support of Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) for clustering & high availability (HA).
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the set-up, configuration & support of Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) for storage management.
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in the set-up, configuration & support of Oracle Data Guard (single instance) to ensure HA, data protection & disaster recovery for enterprise data.
- You have at least 2+ years of hands-on technical working experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM 12 & 13).
- You have at least 5+ years of hands-on technical working experience in applying SQL for database performance & tuning.
- You have strong awareness & knowledge around database security & auditing practices.
- An asset to have hands-on technical working experience with Oracle Golden Gate; setting up databases in a Cloud environment + familiarity with Oracle Exadata.
- You have hands-on technical working experience in responding to production incidents that cross application and technology boundaries.
- You can demonstrate the ability to conduct root cause analysis of application incident and implement recommendations to improve the situation, while focusing on permanent solutions.
- You have completed a post-secondary education in Computer Science, Engineering or in a related field.
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success! We also foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We care about our people, allowing them to design how they work to deliver amazing results.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
- As a part of the hybrid work model, when required to be onsite, this Toronto location is:
- Located steps from TTC's King 504 streetcar stop, which gets you from TTC's Line 1 subway stops at King or St. Andrew stations, and its connection to GO Transit/VIA Rail hub at Union Station.
- Also located steps from TTC's 511 Bathurst streetcar stop, which is a transfer point from TTC's Line 2 subway stop at Bathurst station.
- If you really want to drive to work, it's minutes away from the Gardiner Expressway / Lakeshore Boulevard West.
- You have card access to The Commons, a dining space at Scotia Plaza for employees where breakfast & lunch are served. Also, The Bean serves hot/cold beverages & snacks.
- Our location has a lunchroom with TV screens, fridges, microwaves & vending machines. It's also in a dynamic & flourishing neighbourhood that is home to many nearby top Toronto restaurants/bars & fast-food options. Nearby amenities include a running club, florist, pharmacy, convenience stores, supermarket, LCBO, coffee shops
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Database, DBA, Computer Science, Investment Banking, Work from Home, Technology, Contract, Finance