is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Buildings Business Unit, located at our Ottawa office.
Reporting to the Manager of the Healthcare Sector in the Mechanical and Electrical Business Line, this is an exciting career opportunity for the right individual with the skills as senior technical personnel.
WSP's Buildings' team engages in the design of healthcare, educational, commercial, hospitality, environmental infrastructure, recreational and light industrial facilities. This position is focused on healthcare related projects, however will be exposed to other sectors of the M&E Business as required.Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
#WeAre WSPA day in the life:
A day in the life would include the following types of functions:
• Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, works independently and with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for taking design projects from start to finish and applying a high level of technical, professional engineering and consulting expertise;
• Familiar with National, Provincial and Municipal Codes and Standards. Ensures the design documents meet established project criteria and applicable standards. Coordinates the preparation of engineering specifications and drawings;
• Responsible for researching and implementing new technology designs as required to meet client's objectives. Utilizes industry specific software and related technologies in design and analysis;
• Participates in client management, business development and proposal preparation activities;
• Prepare engineering design including calculations, specification and drawings for the following building systems:
• Fire Protection
• Fuel Systems
• Project manage including financial review and maintaining budget and meeting milestones deliverables
• Attend design and coordination meetings
• Peer review junior engineers work
• Mentor and assist a high performing team of Junior EngineersWe'd love to hear from you if you have...
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution or proof of equivalent;
• 10+ years of related experience in a mechanical consulting engineering environment;
• Extensive experience working on projects in healthcare facilities is an advantage;
• Strong knowledge of mechanical systems to support healthcare facilities;
• Familiarity with CSA-Z317.1 and .2 as well as Uptime Institute Tier Standard, redundancy concepts and DCs methods of benchmarking;
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario (P.Eng.);
• LEED Accreditation and sustainable design experience are highly desirable qualifications;
• PMP designation or willingness to pursue this designation is desirable;
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, Carrier Hourly Analysis (HAP) software, and Microsoft Office (word, excel, power point, outlook) are required; Proficiency with MEP Revit is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of P3 projects, both on the client and constructor side is desirable.
• Proficiency with Bluebeam Studio is desirable.
• Superior communication, organization, leadership and presentation skills; WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.