Requisition ID: 100566
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. The Team
Scotiabank's Global Identity and Access Management (GIAM) group is responsible for development, management and governance of Logical Access control for the Bank's information systems. The GIAM Identity Lifecyle Management team is a unit within Information Security (IS&C) that focuses on managing employees' digital identities and accesses throughout their tenure at Scotiabank.The role
The Senior Manager of GIAM Workstation Access Governance will lead a team focused on remediating elevated user access on workstations using Local Administrator Password Solutions (LAPS), Active Directory, Powershell, and other tools. The incumbent will regularly work with representatives from across the organization to understand their requirements and use-cases for elevated access and propose alternate approaches. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- You want to be part of a dynamic team leading global access management across Scotiabank.
- You thrive in current and desired state analysis of information security controls especially relating to identity and access provisioning
- You are passionate about new technologies and enjoy finding solutions to the challenges of implementing access controls to protect information systems.
- You look for opportunities to examine processes and look for better ways to accomplish the same, or superior results.
- You like working across organizational lines and engaging with people with different professional and personal backgrounds to understand their requirements and help find solutions for their needs.
What's in it for you?
- You possess advanced communication skills (verbal/written/presentation), including a well-developed ability to influence others.
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on technical experience managing/administering Identity and Directory Systems, including Active Directory
- Hands-on experience in creating PowerShell or VBS scripts to automate repetitive manual tasks on Windows-based systems
- You have a strong technical understanding of how access rights are granted to Windows resources such as computers, drives, and file shares.
- You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple intake channels efficiently
- Technical designation is considered an asset (e.g., MCSA/MCSE, CISSP)
- Fluency in Spanish would be a valuable asset
- While our focus is on finding someone to support Enterprise technologies, we are part of a global information security team that supports various business lines globally. As a team we have the opportunity to work on various applications and complex project.
- Our primary office in Scarborough is freshly renovated with a design focus on enabling collaboration through both environment and technology.
- Onsite cafeteria (2201 Eglinton) plus complimentary hot beverage stations in the workplace.
- Minutes by TTC bus from Warden subway station on Line 2.
- Free employee shuttle service connecting the IT campus with nearby GO stations.
- Free onsite & offsite employee parking with charging stations for electric vehicles onsite
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Bank, Banking, Developer, Information Systems, Healthcare, Finance, Technology