250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Develops, promotes, maintains and manages an assigned business/group vendor management program for the management of partnerships with suppliers/service providers that improve productivity, service delivery and quality. Performs periodic reviews, analyzing program outcomes, providing insights and making recommendations for enhancement and changes as required. Ensures the effective and efficient execution of all program components, including ensuring change management & communications are in place for any enhancements / changes and mitigating any risk. Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
We're here to help
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Participates in initiatives as a subject matter expert for aspects of vendor arrangements/processes.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Prepares quarterly management interpretation documents.
- Leads the execution of business/group and/or enterprise vendor management programs/processes; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution
- Acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Establishes and maintains governance over vendor management processes.
- Provides specialized support to investigate and resolve complex issues as escalated by end-users or assigned by management.
- Supports management and implementation of documentation / process controls / knowledge assets required for the program operations.
- Coordinates budgets and reporting to track actual results vs budget.
- Prepares financial reconciliations and attestation certificates as required.
- Reviews the vendor management program/processes for effectiveness, considers industry trends and recommends enhancements; makes changes as required.
- Participates in the design and negotiation and renewal of SLAs, TSAs and BPAs. Assess performance against SLAs/ TSAs/ BPAs
- Manages and administers supplier/service provider contracts in accordance with the Bank's Outsourcing Model .
- May oversee supplier and service provider invoice/ billing activities to monitor cost expectations and resolve billing and payment issues.
- Validates, prepares, and tests business continuity and disaster recovery plans for supplier arrangements.
- Supports the development and promotion of a business/group vendor management program solution.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of supplier arrangements.
- Participates in the relationship management between BMO internal business/group partners and suppliers/service providers.
- Supports the management of the vendor program, including developing program components, promoting the program and ensuring the execution of all program components and product(s)/service(s) are delivered according to the contractual service level agreement (SLA), technical service agreement (TSA) or business partner agreement (BPA), in compliance with standards.
- Monitors and tracks supplier performance and addresses any issues.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service for routine & non-routine transactions related to the program execution.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide program insights and recommendations.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience managing vendor programs - Expert.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Operations and Logistics